* 5 day week (Monday to Friday) some weekend work may be required from time to time. *Own horse and pets considered *Staff discount *Subsidised gym membership
Based Onley Equine Vets (Onley Equestrian Centre) CV23 8AJ
We are looking to recruit a highly dedicated and experienced horse handler to join our Equine Team based in Warwickshire (assisting at second clinic as necessary).
Working with the support of the Nursing team, you will be involved in organising equipment and drugs for vets, setting up equipment, safely handling horses during examination (including when necessary, lunging), clearing/cleaning up following examinations and subsequent treatment. Following successful training, you will also undertake in house laboratory testing and reporting. The successful applicant will be required to maintain safe working practices within clinic and on client yards, ensuring that the vet is working efficiently at all times.
The position requires an individual with experience in equine care and horse handling skills. The ability and motivation to work in a fast-paced environment within a growing department is also essential. A key part of the role is ensuring that high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and equine welfare are maintained, alongside providing first class support and assistance to our vets.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well as part of a team and possess excellent communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude. They will have a friendly and professional approach to customer service, plus attention to detail and the required fitness level to thrive in a physical role!
Due to the rural nature of our sites, applicants should have a full driving licence and use of a vehicle. You will also be required to drive a Practice vehicle, and to meet the insurance requirements for this must be 25 years old or above.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with the opportunity for overtime during busy periods. Some weekend work may be required from time to time.
If you would like to be considered for the position please send your CV plus a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable
Several years of horse handling
No accommodation provided
Subsidised gym membership
- Earliest start date 15th March 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Lunging, Muck Out, Ride
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5, possibility of weekend work when busy
- Salary currency £GBP
- Salary guide Dependent on experience
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No