DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID 19 CRISIS WE ARE SUSPENDING OUR VACANCY
*Accommodation can be available *Own horse welcome (full livery included) *Subsidised breakfasts and lunches available in our onsite cafe
We are looking for an experienced and cheerful groom who is capable of riding a variety of horses and has the knowledge to undertake all yard duties efficiently and confidently.
We are a busy, forward thinking, modern and progressive equestrian centre that has been established for 25 years. Customer care and retention of clients is as important as the care and welfare of our staff.
You must be experienced in this area, be a clear communicator and preferably drive. You must have up to date references and have had at least a year working full time within the industry. If at all possible it is an advantage to have equine qualifications and this position can include teaching if that is your interest.
For the right applicants, we have a four double bedroom apartment on site which is a new barn conversion, comfortable and modern. Sorry, no pets. Live out is fine too.
The benefits are many and includes full livery of one horse (from the spring) you are allowed to do your horse in the working day. Three hours a week of ridden tuition, hunting and competing. Training days, clinics and lectures.
If you live in, most of your utility bills are paid and you have subsidised breakfasts and lunches available in our onsite cafe
- Earliest start date 9th March 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Riding Instructor
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding Holidays, Riding School, Showjumping, Trekking
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Teach, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide depends on age and experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No