*Accommodation available *Opportunity to ride if capable *Competitive remuneration
Family run event yard and stud in immaculate surroundings near Bury St Edmunds with fantastic facilities seeks a reliable dynamic yard groom to join our hardworking happy team. The role will involve all usual daily yard duties including mucking out, feeding, turning in and out, tacking up, bandaging, washing off, lunging, hacking out and late checks. Stud duties will include checking and handling the young stock, holding for vet and farrier, and foal watch. This is a busy and varied role on a friendly successful yard with high standards in all we do. Applicants must have previous experience as a groom and be happy handling fit competition horses and youngsters. HGV licence useful but not essential and some competition grooming may be available as the role develops. On site accommodation and good working hours and conditions.
First and foremost we are looking for someone who loves horses and genuinely cares about looking after them. Enthusiasm and sense of humour is a must!
Comfortable mobile home on site
Very experienced staff already on site so plenty of opportunities to pick up new skills as you work. We have horses based with top level event riders so a great opportunity to follow and be part of their progress to the highest level.
- Earliest start date 13th March 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Paid well
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No