***Role to start as soon as lock down over***
Head groom or someone looking to step up to head groom sought for busy professional eventing & jumping yard. 14-18 boxes, with a mixture of competing horses up to 4* & 1.30, liveries, rehabilitation & spa services, competition/schooling liveries and young horses being produced at any time.
Professional person sought with previous grooming experience in a competition environment. You will need an eye for detail, to be a team player, and take pride in your work. We are looking for someone confident in dealing with all types of horses on the ground (including lunging), and potentially some hacking exercise work.
We are keen to find someone who wants to become an integral part of our business in the longer term, supporting us producing and competing in eventing and jumping across the UK and Europe by running the yard conscientiously and effectively. You would be confident in taking charge of the yard at home while we travel with horses for longer trips, if you are keen to come out too some local show grooming is possible.
Own horse welcome, with training available. Superb American barn yard with indoor, outdoor and gallops onsite.
Lovely private single accommodation available on site (no pets sorry).
Ability to drive a 3.5T/HGV a bonus.
For more information see our website.
- Earliest start date 1st May 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Livery, Rehabilitation, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Upto £22,000 (depending on experience).
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery
- Other Information