*Competitive salary and pension contribution. *Riding Required * 5 day week
We have an excellent, immediate opportunity for an experienced, organised and professional individual to join our friendly, private yard as a full time Stable Manager, caring for 6 horses, including rescue horses. There are a number of other, self-sufficient animals who need their welfare managed.
The ideal person will be friendly, approachable and have a love for horses. You will need to be self-motivated, willing to learn and have a high standard of care and turnout. The job involves running the yard, overseeing medications, working with the vets and farriers. You will also be expected to undertake general yard duties such as mucking out and feeding. Good knowledge of horse care and ability to spot signs of illness and injury are crucial.
Crucially, the role involves taking a lead in the developing the confidence of the rescue horses and helping them to overcome their separation anxiety. There is regular training from an animal behaviourist and equine instructor.
This is a fun and rewarding role with lots of variety, working in a small friendly team for someone who is assertive and calm in their handling of horses.
Relevant experience handling rescue horses and yard management experience.
This is a live-out position.
Competitive salary and pension contribution.
- Earliest start date 2nd May 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Head Person
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Based on experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Other Information