Head Groom position on a Full/Part Livery Yard.
All yard duties including but not limited too:
Mucking out, Grooming, Tack Cleaning, Poo Picking, Handling a wide range of horses from ponies to TB’s. Ensuring yard tidy, tacking up, feeds, equine first aid.
Riding, lunging, long lining, hacking (If desired but not essential)
Clipping (if able too).
Handling/liaising when and if required for any vet, farrier, dental or physio treatments. (only required if Manager offsite)
Be comfortable taking on leadership when manager is off site and organizing the team and daily routine.
Assist in organizing/running on site local monthly U/A competitions (showjumping, dressage, kids show days).
Help with organizing clinics.
Must have proven experience working and being responsible with clients horses.
Be confident and comfortable in taking responsibility for staff and horses when required.
You will need to have a good work ethic and work well in being part of a small team.
Have good communication skills and self-initiative.
Monthly Salary dependent on experience. With 4 weeks paid holiday.
Great opportunity for an experienced professional groom who may want a quieter life from a high pressure competition role. Or for an active groom wanting to have the opportunity to prove themselves in a higher responsibility role.
Possibility to have priority on a DIY waiting list to be able to bring horse. (DIY separate onsite business)
- Earliest start date 18th May 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Head Person
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills
- Non-equine skills required Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide On Aplication
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes