Al Samriya Riding School (ASRS) is a privately-owned equine farm, and one of Al Faisal Holding subsidiaries. ASRS was established in 2007 as an expansion to Al Samriya Estate. Located in Al Shahania, an area 30 km from Doha, we pride ourselves for being in a unique location with access to fields, arenas and tracks where riders can enjoy the picturesque scenery of the Oryx reserve, farm and FBQ Museum set as an old Arabian Fort.
We are looking for an Equine Operation Manager to run day to day operations of the horse farm which contains around 90 stables (150 horses). Responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. Helping staff develop and be productive, while ensuring wellbeing of the horses and maintaining the facilities of our horse riding school. Ultimately, make Al Samriya the equestrian center to be proud of. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead, mentor and motivate staff
- Provide formal supervisions and manage staff performances
- Manage finances and Human resources for Samriya staff (salary/holiday planning/contracts/etc)
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and other organisations
- Member of the Horse and Facility Improvement Team
- Adhere to all statutory legislation and Health and safety standards
- Risk assessments
- Sustains a friendly and professional environment in which riding, training, physiotherapy, education, work placements, research and evaluation activities all take place
- Maintain all relevant records
- Procedures and guidelines
- University degree, preferably in Equine Science, Animal Science, or Equine Business Management or any relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role. From previous management or supervisory experience in hospitality or leisure you will have acquired outstanding business acumen, and driving the team to great results. You will lead your business to great successes.
- Well-versed in managing facility and premises of a horse farm.
- Excellent Communication skills, and the ability to build rapport and strong relationships with people across all levels.
- Very good Computer Skills.
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Salary: circa £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Accommodation provided
- Pets and own horse welcomed for long term job holder
- Partner welcomed
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Continent/Country Other
- Position/s available Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Riding School
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Management Skills, School, Supervisory Skills
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills, Management Skills, Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide 35000
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No