An exciting opportunity to manage a highly regarded hunting yard near Haywards Heath,
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in the equine industry and will be able to ride fit, large hunters with confidence, jumping fences of all types. They will be required to assist in the sourcing of new horses where needed as well as bring on youngsters. They must have ample hunting experience and be well versed in what is expected from a day’s hunting such as turnout, etiquette and schooling. The yard can stable up to 10 horses at any one time.
In order to manage the yard and staff effectively, the successful candidate must have comprehensive equine knowledge, excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Duties will include:
• Sole responsibility for managing 2 other staff members, working as a team and individually.
• Organisation of farriers and vets
• Management of all associated supplies
• Organise maintenance of two lorries and a trailer
• Adhere to the highest standards of horse welfare
• Stable and grassland management
• Upkeep of all necessary written and numeric records
• Category C1 license (7.5t ton lorry) – training can be given for the right individual
The private equine facility comprises of a modern American style barn with loose boxes, wash down area, heated rug and tack room, horse walker, 2 sand schools, show jumps, extensive cross-country fences including water and off road hacking throughout the estate. The package includes a recently refurbished three bedroom property adjacent to the yard and includes council tax. The local village, with pub, shop and primary school, is one and a half miles away.
The successful candidate will answer directly to the Estate owners and liaise with other estate departments when required.
To apply, email your CV, at least two references, one preferably being your most recent employer to the email address provided. Please also indicate if referees can be contacted before the interview.
If you have any queries please contact the Estate office.
Salary dependent on experience.
- Earliest start date 22nd June 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills, Management Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Salary currency Pound Sterling
- Salary guide Dependent on experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes