**23/6/20 Under offer subject to reference checks***
*Salaries negotiable depending on experience IRO £23-£29K pa per person + accommodation. * 1 or 2 bedroom cottage with parking available *Pets welcomed *Own horse considered (but difficult as all boxes currently occupied) *5 day week.
This family require a flexible, country-loving, reliable, self-sufficient and proactive couple with good communication skills ready to welcome all guests in a polite and friendly manner. Previous estate management experience essential for a combination of duties.
Experienced and knowledgeable horse care also required as a family are not very experienced. There are two children are 10 and 8 years old and they purely ride for leisure, no competition whatsoever at this point but would like some escorted/lead hacks & informal tuition.
Odd weekend off by prior arrangement in advance but as family visit most weekends, they will not be regular occurrences so need to be prepared for weekdays off (2 consecutive days possible) :
Outline Job descriptions:
Housekeeping/House duties include but are not limited to Cleaning,
washing and ironing, food shopping, household provisioning, household
maintenance, overseeing contractors. Whenever somebody is in the house;
be it, family or guests, the housekeeper will prepare lunch and dinner, (fresh healthy home cooking, lots of fish, vegetables, a variety of salads mainly based on European style dishes). The housekeeper is not required to serve the family however they will be required to clear away after meals and weather permitting some outdoor dining will need to be facilitated. Although the family like to entertain family and friends, most entertaining is informal. For any formal entertaining outside caterers will be available so communication, liaising and management of this will be a feature of the role.
Grooming/outdoor duties include but are not limited to: Day to day
management and maintenance of the property, yard and grounds which will
include the gardens, greenhouse, vegetable garden, lawns and flower beds,
(alongside contracted gardeners). Looking after chickens and rabbits & possibly other small animals/pets. Other duties will include general property maintenance, hence good DIY skills would be helpful. Management and maintenance of the estate car to fuel, clean and driving to the local station and airport for family and guests. The highest level of care to be provided for the family’s 4 horses
- 19-year-old 16HH owners horse who has recently developed allergies
- 17-year old small horses who need careful footcare and
- 2 x 10-year-old horses just short of 16HH and one has just recently had a bout of laminitis.
Confident management and lightweight rider needed. All normal grooming duties will be required to a good standard ie: Feeding and watering, all aspects of yard work duties including; hay, muck out, turn out, groom, clip and bandage, recognising and acting on all animal ailments, cleaning the chicken coops/rabbit hutches etc. Keeping the yard, tack room and equipment immaculate at all times. Exercising the horses daily in menage or beautiful woodland which surrounds the property. Experience of trailer towing ideal. Light gardening, (FT gardener contracted) grounds, yard and
property management, Grooming and riding, other animal care duties.
- Earliest start date 6th July 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Housekeeper, Person Friday, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, School, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Cook, Gardener, Housekeeper, House Sitting, Other - see job description, Pet Care/Sitting, Handyman, Estate Worker, Groundsman
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Salaries negotiable depending on experience IRO £23-£29K pa per person + accommodation.
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly