World Horse Welfare is an international horse charity that improves the lives of horses in the UK and around the world through education, campaigning and hands-on care. An excellent opportunity has arisen for two enthusiastic and driven individuals to join a professional and friendly team dedicated to the welfare of equines.
We are looking for experienced grooms with a proven ability to maintain a high standard of work on a busy yard. You will have a sound knowledge of equine behaviour along with the skills required to work safely and methodically with unhandled, nervous horses in a busy environment along with practical experience of lunging, long reining and progressing horses, starting from scratch right through to riding away and bringing on under saddle.
You must be a team player with a polite, professional and friendly manner, a sense of humour and the aptitude to work on your own initiative. You will need to be prepared for a physically demanding and challenging role no matter what the weather. The ability to tow a trailer would be advantageous.
Free on site shared accommodation available.
Paid holiday 28 days per annum including bank and public holidays.
Cash health plan.
Paid sickness absence.
Death in service
- Earliest start date 17th June 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Muck Out, School, Sole charge, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Available upon application
- Salary guide 17,500 to 18,500
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No