We’re looking for a Yard Supervisor to join the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. This Equine Centre is licenced for 80 equines. All the equines that come into our care have been cruelty cases.
The Yard Supervisor will join the dedicated team to assess, rehabilitate, and rehome the equines in our care.
The Yard Supervisor role is fundamental to the supervision and training of Grooms at the facility. You will be acting as the main interface between the general public and oversee the running of the Equine facility. On a day to day basis you will also be providing care and maintaining good public relations, dealing with Inspectorate, Society Staff and general public.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is passionate about equines and coaching team members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Day to day supervision of Grooms and implementation of staff training programmes
- Providing support and coaching to staff
- Ensuring staff maintain accurate up to date records relating to equines in care
- Ensuring health and safety measures and procedures are being observed and adhered to by staff and the general public
- Daily care of equines including supervision of equine handling and transportation
- Monitoring health of equines and cooperating with veterinary surgeons, farrier and dentist in the examination and treatment of animals/equines
- Inspecting all equipment at the centre and reporting any defects found and are maintained in a clean, tidy and presentable standard at all times
- You will be required to assist the Centre Manager and Deputy Managers in the provision of 24 hour cover at the Centre and to stand in for Deputy Manager as required
- BHS Stage 1 and 2 and Preliminary Teach Test or Diploma Level 3 including coaching unit
- Experience of supervision of staff
- Experience of taking sole charge of a Yard
- Competent rider and handler
- Skilled in breaking and schooling equines
- Excellent communication skills
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme and access to our employee assistance programme.
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Management Skills, Supervisory Skills
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills, Management Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 35 hours per week
- Salary currency £25,000 + 4% shoft allowance
- Salary guide £25,000
- Salary Period Annually
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No