We are looking for a full time groom to join our established team in a well resourced estate-based yard in West Dorset. The job includes all usual yard duties plus riding (hacking, schooling, jumping etc), grooming st/attending hunt, shows meets etc. Clipping, plaiting, show turnout etc.
Plenty of riding!
Opportunity to go hunting on employers horses.
Own dog and horse will be considered – please apply and discuss.
Experienced, competent Groom.
Excellent turnout skills with a high attention to detail.
Must be able to school and jump fit hunters and also be happy to ride fit eventers.
It would be a bonus if you have a Cat C or CE licence, otherwise, we will pay to put you through your test.
Accommodation is provided free of charge in well-appointed, well-maintained apartments above the stable yard.
Sole occupancy for yourself and, if applicable, your partner.
All bills paid, including TV licence, Community Tax etc.
Benefits of the Job
Fully employed via PAYE so all salaries paid net (after tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid for you)
28 days paid leave per annum
Workplace Pension scheme
Free accommodation with no bills to pay
Employer will pay for and put you through your HGV test
Get your tractor driving ticket
Plenty of riding!
Opportunity to go hunting on employers horses
Most team members stay 10 years or more!
- Earliest start date 20th July 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Clip, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Salary currency pounds
- Salary guide IRO £1300-£1400 NET (after tax), negotiable, plus accommodation and bills paid
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No