*Salary negotiable for the right person iro £400pw plus accomm *Pets welcomed * Partners welcomed *Own horse welcomed. *New yard plans ‘in the works’ including brand new accommodation
Family yard now looking for a long-term Yard Manager/Groom/Rider with very high standards. Should be capable of some sole charge of top quality large Hunters and top-level show horses but must also be able to work alongside owners as/when required as they are hands-on with their horses.
Must have experience of driving a 3.5t lorry
Employers Hunt and show to a high level. During the season they hunt at least twice a week, so someone with experience of hunting and the lifestyle involved is essential. You should be able to turn out to a very high standard in every aspect including clipping and must be a competent rider. Occasional chance to hunt with the family. They do travel to hunts and therefore, you would be required to stay away on those occasions during the season, (expenses paid).
Yard owner also has an interest in racing with racehorses in training in Lambourn. Also has pointers elsewhere and plays Polo in the summer elsewhere. He buys foals Oct/Nov and sells as yearlings at Goffs/Tattershalls, so varied interests beyond hunting/showing. Longer-term they are hoping to breed some of their own at home.
5 children in the family so need a ‘child-friendly’ Groom! (Only parents ride currently)
Please note call Caroline & the Team will be ‘screening’ suitable applicants between 9-2pm . Pls could call us during those times on 0203 006 573. Please make sure your job seeker profile is up to date and that you have a current CV attached. We look forward to speaking with you then about this super opportunity 🙂 C x
- Earliest start date 6th July 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting, Polo, Showing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable but IRO £400pw + accommodation
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No