Based in South Lincolnshire we are looking for a groom to match our ambition and dedication. We are ideally looking for a full time groom to support us in the smooth running of all yard and stable duties.
Job responsibilities include:
All stable duties including:
– Working with competition and young stock horses, including Stallions
– Mucking out
– Cleaning stables
– Cleaning tack etc.
– Rug Changes
– Turn out and Bring in
– Assisting the rider in bringing in horses when work is required.
– Tacking up of horses for rider
– Lungeing horses if required
– Experience in foaling is advantageous
There is a possibility of stabling your own horse at the yard as well as riding of our horses for experienced riders.
- Candidates with previous work experience as a stable hand / groom will be prioritised.
- Confidence in dealing with stallions
- 6 day work week
We offer an attractive salary, a family and friendly environment and the opportunity to be part of a business on the rise
- Earliest start date 13th July 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dealer, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Livery, Pre-Training, Sales, Showing, Showjumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Broodmares, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive 3.5t, Class 1 HGV
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes