|*Family with child welcome *Single people also welcomed (shared accomm)*Dogs and pets welcome *Room for one horse *Salaries totally negotiable from £23,400pa plus 2-bed accomm.
Fabulous and unusual opportunity for a lovely, long term lifestyle position. Kind, professional, country & animal-loving couple or 2 single people required for this unique position. This is a quiet and remote location so you will need to be self-sufficient and enjoy such circumstances and you will need to possess a flexible attitude to the role.
These jobs entail sole charge of a smallholding/farm in a beautiful location with 5 heavy horses and various other farm animals ie: cows, sheep /goats/cats/poultry(rare breeds bred).
You must be capable and experienced with using initiative and taking sole charge and experienced in carriage driving (min pairs or ploughing) and both able to ride also for hacking and showing. Capable and confident handler also essential as 18-month-old colt kept, (intended to become a stallion) as well as various other heavy horses mares/geldings of all ages…but all big. You will need to know what you are doing! 🙂
Ideally licensed to drive an 11/12t lorry and used to transporting horses and all the paraphernalia required or you will be contracted to gain your HGV within a certain time period post-employment. See https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/driving-goods-vehicles-car-driving-licence & https://thegroomslist.co.uk/get-an-hgv-licence/
Day to day yard management required with no heavy maintenance duties, (others employed for that). Horses 80% 🙂 Other animals 15% 🙂 Maintenance 5%.
Some showing and shows attended where you would be required to drive the horses to the venue, care for the horses at the venue, possibly show the horses if you are capable.
Quiet, peaceful hacking available.
Salary negotiable from £400/£450pw pp depending on skills, qualifications and experience (including 2-bed accommodation).
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 21st September 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Person Friday, Working Couple, Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Carriage Driving, Competitions, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Management Skills, Other - see job description, Pet Care/Sitting, Handyman, Estate Worker, Groundsman
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 day week with flexibility for which days/some weekends off by prior arrangement
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £23,400+accomm negotiable
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Tractor, Class 2 HGV
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes