*up to £20, 000 per annum *Live in (2 bedroom 2 bathroom self-contained onsite with amazing views.) *All bills excluding food and phone included
We are looking for a Deputy Yard Manager to come on board and join our team.
We are predominantly a dressage yard but also a stud (5 foals due next year), so someone who wants to learn more with us is the perfect candidate.
Our horses welfare is of the upmost importance, so a keen eye for detail is necessary to keep our horses in the amazing condition they are.
It is a live in position.
A candidate with a positive can do attitude is a must. Someone who is going to go the extra mile when needed. Someone who has dealt with sport horses is a must. Previous stallion handling is a bonus but by no means expected and we are more than happy to train someone to how we like things. Plaiting for competitions is also a bonus. Working as part of a team and being able to help run the yard is the basis of this role so experience at this level is definitely needed. The successful candidate will be organised, calm and be able to take the lead if needed. All usual Deputy Manager duties are included in this role.
2 bedroom 2 bathroom self contained flat that has a shared living room and kitchen onsite with amazing views and we pay all your household bills excluding food and phone. This is all included in our package. The accommodation is shared with one other groom. Each have their own bedroom and en suite bathroom.
Accommodation and associated costs included, enrolment onto state pension scheme, 28 days paid holiday
- Earliest start date 31st October 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Europe, The EU
- Position/s available Groom, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide up to £20,000 per annum
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes