*£360-£450 depending on experience and qualifications plus accommodation & bills
Looking for an experienced Home Groom to work alongside other 3 other members of staff for a 3* event rider. Should be capable of sole charge and teamwork. Would suit a committed, (Owner/Rider says ‘even geeky then you would fit in well with the rest of us’) hard-working groom, who would like to use and develop their skills to provide excellent care for event horses and the environment they live in.
Between 8-15 horses on site with young stock at a satellite farm, managed by a separate team.
The role entails normal stable duties including professional day-to-day management of competition horses, liaising with vet, farrier, physiotherapy and nutritionists and other professionals etc. Use of therapy tools, like magnetic/vibrating floors, solariums, rugs, as well as regular training from physiotherapist on stretching and in-hand work ‘homework’.
Candidates would be experienced in clipping, trimming, plaiting and turning out for competition, as well as handling fit (though sane!) event horses. Experience (and interest) with young stock an asset as the team, most years will back two or three over the winter. Travel to events at home and abroad planned when things return to normal.
Accommodation is very nice with a shared kitchen and lounge with en suite bedrooms.
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 1st March 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week Hours: 40/48 Days/wk: 5.5/6 in season
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £360-£450 depending on experience and qualifications plus accommodation
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes