An opportunity is available to join the Equestrian team at one of Surrey’s best private country residences.
We require an experienced, full time groom to look after working competition horses & ponies as well as retired polo and competition horses.
This will be primarily a Home based role with occasional requirement to Show Groom.
If not based locally, accommodation is available on-site within the Estate as part of the package.
The ideal candidate will work to high standards with both the horses and yard work, be competent in handling competition horses and enjoy working as part of a tight knit team. Remuneration for the role is generous and above market rate.
This is an excellent opportunity for a competent and detail orientated groom to join a friendly team looking after quality horses.
Duties include but not limited to:
- General yard duties (feed, hay, water & mucking out)
- Turning out and Bringing in
- Grooming, Tacking up, washing off riding horses and ponies
- Tack cleaning
- Daily checks on live out retired horses & ponies on the estate.
- Administer medicine to sick horses & tend to any treatments for injuries
- Washing bandages, saddle pads, boots and wraps etc.
- Earliest start date 31st August 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showjumping
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide Circa £24,000
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No