*Negotiable salary with accommodation provided & bills paid *Own horse welcome *1 Dog welcome
We are looking for an experienced Groom/Exercise Rider to work alongside 3 other members of staff for a 3* event rider in a professional, fun but busy top level event yard, for the duration of approx 2-4 weeks. This is a role which would suit a hard-working, professional self-starter who ideally has done the job before and who wishes to excel in a professional eventing environment. You should be capable of both sole charge and teamwork, whichever is required on a day to day basis
There are 24 horses in total, 12 of whom are ‘home’ at the moment. A second farm has the mares, foals and young horses up to two years old. Experience with young stock is an asset.
The role entails normal stable duties including professional management of competition horses, liaising with vet, farrier, massage and physiotherapy professionals etc. Candidates would be experienced in clipping, trimming, plaiting and turning out for competition, as well as handling fit (though sane!) event horses.
Accommodation is very nice with a shared kitchen and lounge with en suite bedrooms.
Please contact Caroline & The Grooms List team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 31st August 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week Hours: 40/48 Days/wk
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide negotiable plus accommodation & bills paid
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes