Private family dressage yard looking for an experienced freelance groom to take sole charge 2 days a week.
Approximately 5/6 hours a weekend.
5 – 7 horses ranging from Shetland, through retired to young horses and FEI. Looking for someone who has good knowledge and horsemanship skills. The position entails all usual yard, stable and field duties.
You should be confident handling all types of horses of any age with the ability to cater for sensitive horses and young horses.
This is not a schooling position but confident hacking exercise riding, ground work and lunging may be required. Great new facilities.
Looking for a kind, knowledgeable, organised and hardworking person who is flexible, fun, works well with others and has a can do attitude. We have a very busy life both working extensively full time so common sense and previous experience are essential.
It will suit someone who is a self starter and takes pride in their work. Must enjoy being around children. Must be able to turn out well and prep for shows/competitions.
Must be a driver with own transport as we are not on public transport route, ability to drive 7.5 Ton an advantage.
please do read the description fully, if you do not have transport, dont currently already live within 30 minutes of GU8 4, are a smoker, or have Previous references this is not the role for you.
Previous experience of sole charge
- Earliest start date 12th September 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Yard disciplines/Activities Classical, Competitions, Dressage, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 2
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No