*Salary IRO £25k + accomm (Neg.) *Horse and pets considered *Live in or out
Exciting and fun professional yard set up at the end of 2019 and having much success, is now searching for a talented 2nd Rider (for a variety of young and mature thoroughbreds/sports horses) and a Business Manager to work alongside a motivated and successful team, (including a well-known, experienced 4* eventer with a string of notable successes under their belt and who manages the yard day to day).
You would need to be experienced and skilled enough to be “second in command” balancing the role with all aspects. You will have demonstrable practical skills, energy, enthusiasm and maturity to help in the day to day riding and running of this large, busy yard. Knowing when to step up and when to step back will be important, as will be good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a high energy team.
You would need to be able to demonstrate that you are a competent rider (min 5 years competitive riding in eventing or showjumping and you may have a variety of experience with young horses, sport horses and thoroughbreds at all levels). This is a unique chance to ride and produce horses at various stages in their careers with the opportunity to compete whilst balancing Business Manager responsibilities.
The successful applicant will have both management skills and be tech-savvy enough to deal with the administrative side of equine business, including basic IT/PC skills, accounting software etc.
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 28th September 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Admin/Office-based, Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Pre-Training, Sales
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Salary IRO £25kpa + accomm. Negotiable
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes