We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working, flexible, friendly person to join our Private and family run Livery yard. The right person needs to be confident and competent around all types of horses, including mares and foals and young stock. Must have knowledge of equine first aid, lunging, bandaging, plaiting etc and will have people skills, must be able to work alone and take sole charge but work as a team also.
Equine qualifications desired, over 18 but not limited!
Yard hours may vary week to week depending on days needed and there will be at least one weekend day every week. We are a Part and Full time livery, experience in working on livery yards is a bonus. Including mucking out, all yard duties and exercising for the right person.
Also extra hours available on competition days would be required on an as and when.
Also happy to house sit when owners away and be confident around big dogs.
Own horse/ horses able to kept on site.
Driving license required as no access to public transport.
Competitive rates of pay based on experience.
Based Northallerton, DL6
For further details and more information please email your CV
- Earliest start date 8th September 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Livery, Sales, Showing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week Varied
- Salary currency pounds
- Salary guide Dependent on experience
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No, Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No