Due to our yard merge and therefore an increase in horses we are now looking for a trainee/apprentice.
We are a young, vibrant and successful showjumping team based in the new forest. We have 14 horses from 5 year olds to GP horses. We have a team of 4 full time members off staff and 1 part time.
There is on site accommodation with all bills paid for including tv licence wifi etc. Living off site unfortunately isn’t an option due to late night checks being on a rota between staff members. Basic woking hours are 7:30-5 however in season this will fluctuate due to competition start times.
Wage is dependant on experience and skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to gain knowledge from an existing experienced team caring for horses in a professional environment and working as part of a successful team.
This in not a riding position. One month trial period.
If this job sounds of interest to you please email me your CV or give me a call.
- Earliest start date 21st September 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Salary currency Depends on Experience
- Salary guide Depends on Experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No