Looking for a full time, live in groom/housekeeper/animal care.
Job to include overseeing the running of small private yard of 5 horses.
All usual duties including muck out, turn out/in, grooming, lunging, plaiting, clipping, hacking etc. Management of land. Must be competent and confident running a small yard to the highest of standards and able to communicate effectively with employer, vets, farriers, deliveries etc. Need to be able to work on own initiative due to employer being away for long periods and have attention to detail with both horse care and yard management. Knowledge of equine first aid skills and experience driving a 3.5t lorry.
Appointed candidate may be required to attend training/events with owner.
Care of house and well-behaved Labrador when employer away/travelling. Also, to feed barn cat. Possibility of expanding farm – e.g. goats, chickens.
Previous experience and driving license a must. Non-smoker.
5 ½ days a week. 350 a week. 28 days holiday. Modern 1 bed cottage with utility bills included.Own horse and well-behaved pets (must get along with current dog & cat) a possibility.
Looking for a kind, knowledgeable, organised and hardworking person who is flexible, fun, works well with others and has a can do attitude.
CV & references required.
- Earliest start date 1st November 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Housekeeper, Person Friday
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Up to £400pw depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No