*5 or 6 days a week *Great new facilities
Due to our lovely groom taking up a non – horsey career path, we are a private family dressage yard looking for an experienced groom to take sole charge 5.5 days a week. Our current groom highly recommends and is happy to talk to anyone.
aprox 30 – 35 hours a week, excellent rates of pay
5 – 7 horses ranging from Shetland, young horses, through retired to FEI competition level. We are looking for someone who has good knowledge and horsemanship skills. The position entails all usual yard, stable and field duties.
This will include pooh picking fields daily, harrowing the arena weekly, moving hay, cleaning troughs as well as the more fun parts so please do not apply if you do not wish to do these things!
You should be confident handling all types of horses of any age with the experience to cater for sensitive horses and young horses without supervision. This would be a very rewarding role for someone who enjoys following the progress of the horses.
This is not a schooling position but confident hacking exercise riding, ground work and lunging will be required. Training is available for the right person. Great new purpose built facilities.
Looking for a kind, knowledgeable, organised and hardworking person who is flexible, fun, works well with others and has a can do attitude. We have a very busy life both working extensively full time so common sense and previous experience are essential.
It will suit someone who is a self starter and takes pride in their work and will look after our family yard as if it were their own. Must enjoy being around children.
Must be a driver with own transport as we are not on public transport route and live within 30 minutes to be realistic during winter.
No accommodation. No Smoking
Previous experience of sole charge
Holiday, sick pay
- Earliest start date 25th October 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Classical, Competitions, Dressage, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5/6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No