We have an excellent, immediate part-time opportunity for a hands-on, experienced, organised and professional individual to join our friendly yard, caring for 6 horses, including rescue horses. There are a number of other, self-sufficient animals who need their welfare managed.
The ideal person will be friendly, approachable and have a love for horses. You will need to be self-motivated, willing to learn and have a high standard of care and turnout. The job involves helping to run the yard, overseeing medications, working with the vets and farriers. You will also be expected to undertake general yard duties such as mucking out and feeding. Good knowledge of horse care and the ability to spot signs of illness and injury is of critical.
Crucially, the role involves assisting in the development and building the confidence of the rescue horses and helping them to overcome their separation anxiety.
This is a fun and rewarding role with lots of variety, working in a small friendly team but also on your own, for someone who is assertive and calm in their handling of horses.
Private Yard experience preferred.
Competitive rate per hour
- Earliest start date 12th October 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Rescue, Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Ride, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 2-3
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Competitive
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No