* 5-day week *Private self-contained flat is available with bills and food included! *Salary IRO £28,520 *Own horse considered (access to well-known trainers available.)
Established Equestrian Centre is seeking a stable manager to head up our dynamic and hardworking team. The successful applicant will have experience of managing a large yard and team, will have exceptional communication skills and be dedicated to the care of their equine charges.
The Stable Manager will work from 6.45am to approximately 6.30pm during term time (with a two-hour break), with reduced hours during the school holidays for 5 days per week. There may be a requirement to work a 6 day week on a rota basis eg: Parents days/competitions etc
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that duties allocated to grooms are carried out to the highest standards.
- Help to develop the team work of the grooms and coaches and liaising between grooms/coaches and Director of Equestrian Sport.
- Assist in the planning of daily routines.
- Achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of care of all horses and ponies at Millfield Equestrian Centre
- Responsibility for repair, cleanliness, maintenance and storage of yard equipment and machinery.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of all tack, for identifying tack in need of repair and sending it appropriately labelled, for repair.
- Weekly checking of all horses and ponies feet, making a list of those requiring shoeing or trimming and submitting it to the farrier in good time (email every Thursday).
- Communication with livery owners, ensuring that attention to detail and individual requirements are balanced with practical care and attention.
- Upon arrival at the Stables, ensure that comprehensive tack and equipment lists are made of horses and up dated as necessary.
- Ensure that appropriate strangles tests/disclaimers are received in line with our policy prior to arrival at the Stables.
- To ensure, in consultation with owners and the Director of Equestrian Sport that all feeds are appropriately balanced and regularly reviewed. Liaise with an equine nutritionist if appropriate.
- To keep veterinary records of all horses. Organise treatments and liaise with the vet as required.
- Check and update/book vaccinations and carry out worming as required.
- To liaise with the Asst Director of Sport on exercise and turn-out of all horses.
- Ensuring that horses, equipment, and vehicles are suitably prepared for competitions and events. Ensuring they are received, cleaned and put away upon return.
- To coach and lecture pupils and exercise horses when required.
- To lead by example in terms of appearance and attitude.
- To take full responsibility for the management of the yard
- Ensure that the stables, yard and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Act as Fire Officer for Gipsy Mews (if live in)
- Maintain full and accurate records of liveries and loans.
- Forward details of any recoverable charges to the office in good time.
- Maintain and update the COSHH records regularly.
- Input and follow up on maintenance indents.
- Maintain sufficient veterinary supplies.
- Any other duties that your line manager sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to your role.
They should hold a minimum of BHS Stage 4 Stable Manager, ideally Stage 5, though experience and personality come before qualifications.
Private self-contained flat is available for a nominal rent with bills and food included!
An attractive package, including use of school facilities, regular CPD training and on-site accommodation, is available.
- Earliest start date 13th October 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Horse Transport, Livery, Reining, Riding School, Showing, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 28,520
- Salary Period Annually
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No