We’re looking for a highly experienced and reliable, confident equestrian to look after 5-6 Master’s horses and the day to day running of the yard, to include competing i.e. showjumping, showing and arena hire for schooling. (Help will be available for busy days and days off, particularly on hunting mornings)
No hunting experience necessary but the ideal candidate will have the skills to produce horses for all disciplines to a very high standard. There is scope within the role to compete the yard’s horses for the right applicant.
Due to the availability of accommodation, we are open to applications from overseas, whether this be long term or for a minimum of 1 year.
Horses will be managed to a high standard and within best practice guidelines. You will have a good understanding of getting horses fit and be able to school to maintain fitness and condition throughout the hunting season. Turn out to a high standard including clip, plait and bandaging.
The applicant should be familiar with taking sole charge and must be able to manage all aspects of a private hunting yard. Ability to drive a 7.5t lorry or trailer preferable. A good understanding of basic equine ailments and well being of the horse is also required.
Accommodation could be available for the right applicant.
Based on a farm with plenty of off road farmland to exercise, the applicant will benefit from the relaxed atmosphere and many opportunities to ride out with the field and also ride at local arenas for schooling and competition for the right rider.
This is a really lovely job for the right person and we are professional employers. Plenty of potential to compete and develop for the right person. With a good rate of pay.
- Earliest start date 13th October 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide TBC
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes