We are looking for a member of staff to join our team on an Eventing/livery yard in Oxfordshire. The job would be 5.5 days a week, including a minimum of 1 weekend day each week, 7:30am-5pm. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of equestrianism but doesn’t necessarily need to have had an equestrian based job previously. You will need to be confident and comfortable handling fit/young event horses and also be happy to occasionally be working alone. Attitude is much more important than experience for this job, we want someone willing, hard working, and keen to learn!
This role will include mucking out, turning out/bringing in, putting horses on and off the walker, haying, feeding, keeping the yard tidy, tacking up/untacking, grooming and general horse care, poo picking and possibility of some riding for the correct candidate.
There is an option to bring own horse. Pay will be dependant on experience.
Basic knowledge of horse care.
Ability to handle and care for fit competition horses.
Good people skills.
Ability to be a part of a team.
Clean driving license and access to vehicle.
Shared accommodation located 2.5 miles from the yard is available.
This is an opportunity to work in a very friendly environment whilst also learning and developing horse care skills
- Earliest start date 15th November 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Livery
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Up to £19, 934pa depending on experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No