This job will include:
- Working for young GB event rider and her team of horses. Based in Malvern, Worcestershire.
- The rider currently has 20 horses ranging from 3 year olds to 4* with fantastic facilities including an all weather arena, grass show jumping and dressage arena and plenty of off road hacking to enjoy
- All normal yard duties (mucking out, turning in/out, grooming & tack cleaning)
- Clipping, washing, trimming & plaiting
- Ability to lunge horses to a high standard as part of their training programme.
- Ability to turn out to a high standard when preparing horses for competitions, training and sales viewings
- This is not a riding position but the ability to ride for the purpose of hacking and some gallop work is a massive bonus.
The right person must:
- Be trustworthy, hardworking and efficient
- Be confident and capable around young, fit sports horses.
- Have the ability and desire to demonstrate high standards within their work, both on the yard and within turnout of horses at shows
- Be comfortable left in sole charge of the yard on some occasions
- Be happy to travel away to competitions/training as head groom on some occasions
- Desire to provide the best care and welfare of the horses
In return, the job will provide great opportunities, including:
- Joining a fun team of 4 where you would be the right hand person for the rider.
- Opportunities, if desired, to travel to events both nationally and internationally from BE100 up to 4*.
- Getting to work alongside top class horses at varied levels, as well as the joy of working with breakers and youngsters and seeing them progress.
- Opportunity to keep own horse on the yard and receive regular training (not included in pay package)
Level 3 in work based horse care and management or equivalent.
Previous experience working as a groom.
Shared accommodation on site with other groom.
Good salary, 19K per year.
Opportunity to bring own horse and compete.
On site training available to enable you to progress.
- Earliest start date 14th January 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Sales, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5 DAYS A WEEK
- Salary currency 19,000
- Salary guide nmw
- Salary Period Monthly
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No