***21/1/21 This position is temporarily being reviewed whilst the job description/salary/overall package is upgraded. Please watch this space*** C
|*IRO £25-£30K pa negotiable *Live in or out *Well behaved dog considered and own horse a possibility (but prefer not).
Private family Yard looking for a cheerful experienced, hands-on Yard Manager Suitable applicants will be prepared to muck in and out with the team and deliver top standards of horse husbandry and turnout etc. but yard organisation and making sure everything runs smoothly is the priority.
Suitable applicants must be adept at managing the balance of horse & yard care with managing a team, liaising with the owner and his family and all the equine support personnel required to maintain professional standards, (visiting Riders, Vets, Farriers etc). Organisational skills, efficiency and good timekeeping is essential
Administration is also an important aspect of the role so basic IT and admin skills required along with demonstrable experience of this function.
Whilst the Yard manager will be expected to run a tight ship to professional standards, they should be friendly and approachable to all, even under pressure. This is a private, family yard who enjoy their equestrian pursuits and the fun that comes with that, but expectations are high and to a professional level and a super organised person is what they need.
The family have teenage daughters who are novice eventers and the owners event/hunt and have interests in other disciplines elsewhere additionally. The family also have professional riders who school, compete their top event horses so no schooling required. Exercising of fit hunters and event horses optional but you would need to be a confident Rider.
Lorry driver ideal but not essential.
Very smart yard, estate location with the very best of facilities & no road riding required.
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 15th February 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Administration
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 or 5.5 neg.
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £27-£30K pa negotiable
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No