A personal carer/groom/rider is needed. This is a dual position living in the owner’s private house. A non-smoker is needed for this full-time country position in beautiful North Yorkshire. They must like dogs.
The applicant must be versatile, friendly and able to turn their hand to a variety of activities. The personal care is for a disabled lady with spinal injuries due to an accident, who uses a wheelchair.
Some experience with sheep as well as horses would be useful but not essential.
The job requires a good communicator with a cheerful, hardworking personality and a willingness to learn. Instruction will be given for this varied position. This live-in position will need someone who can work with others in a team but also take responsibility themselves. It is essential that the applicant enjoys the country and animals. Car driver preferred.
In owner’s private house.
Package will include a discount at nearby Swinton Park Hotel including the spa and gym.
- Earliest start date 8th February 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Person Friday
- Yard disciplines/Activities Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Riding School, Showing, Stud, Trekking
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Stallion Handling, Teach, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills, Cook, Housekeeper, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week Flexible
- Salary currency Negotiable - on application
- Salary guide Salary will meet national living wage
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No