*Lovely cottage accommodation *Salary competitive *Excellent hacking with immediate access to the Badminton Estate *Lots of hunting opportunities *Own horse welcomed.
🙂 NB start date ideally end of June 2021 but could be earlier for an exceptional candidate needing to start sooner 🙂
Experienced hunt Groom/Rider required to work alongside one other with a yard of 8 quality hunt horses on a family yard. Current Grooms highly recommend and have been with the family for many, many years! You must really know hunting and be used to delivering the highest of standards of yard and horse care and be able to turnout meticulously for hunting. There are plenty of hunting opportunities, so competent and capable rider essential.
7.5t lorry licence required.
The season, like most Hunt Yards, is ‘full-on’. Hunt days are Weds/Saturdays and occasionally Mondays too and they are long days but enjoyable. The Season is finished and the horses are out by early April and then life becomes much more leisurely, time to recuperate! 😉
The holiday is taken out of season and in the summer months the work is very easy (odd jobs, finishing earlier etc.) This helps to counter the very busy times in the hunting season and allows for r&r before it all starts again in July when the horses are all brought in from the field in preparation for the season start in September.
If you are keen on the discipline, looking for a long term, friendly yard where everything is done well and you have good references and strong hunting or hunting/eventing CV, then this is for you.
Please call Caroline and the team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 30th June 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 6 in season
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable according to age and experience but competitive and accommodation included
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes