Bryngwyn Stud is the home of Bryngwyn Stallions and Broodmares. We have the pleasure of owning and producing beautiful and versatile Warmblood horses from our broodmares and offering this year three of our gorgeous stallions to a select number of mares AI. Our bloodlines include some of the top in the Country ;- Concorde, Kannan, Voltaire, Zirocco Blue, Cardento, Kashmir V.
We are based in Mid Wales in a stunning rural location with purpose built equine facilities, lakes and a private fishery spread over three closely located properties. Set in the midst of the idyllic Cambrian Mountains we are graced with beautiful outriding and our horses benefit with hacking out as part of their daily routines. These quality Warmbloods are or have competed in show jumping competition in this country and abroad or are youngsters coming through Covid restrictions allowing.
Overview of Manager
Responsible for overseeing the full running of the busy competition/stud yard. We have a variety of horses from warmblood stallions that compete, up and coming youngsters, broodmares and Foals to family pets that include Belgium Draft, Percheron, Cobs and Shetland ponies the role has five grooms reporting to this position.
- Managing the daily diary and allocation of work to junior staff members
- Organising the diary for attending competitions and training
- Organising Staff Rota and Cover – weekly
- Ordering of all supplies and feed for the yard
- Helping assist the vet and farrier when necessary and carrying out any prescribed treatments
- To take the responsibility of being on call in the event of a veterinary emergency and also to be prepared to work early morning, late or extra hours as needed.
- To comply with the Yards Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Running appraisals with junior staff members
- Mentoring and training junior staff members
- Yard duties including mucking out, watering and sweeping.
- Grooming and general health maintenance of the horses
- Tack cleaning
- Exercising and hacking
- High attention to detail
- At least 3 years experience on a professional yard
- Previous experience of managing a yard
- Competent riding ability
- Good horsemanship with kind nature
- Clipping/bandaging/plaiting to a high level of competence
- Ability to teach younger staff
- Good telephone manner
- Effective manager
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think on feet and be flexible
Negotiable dependant on experience >30k
statutory holiday entitlement
Pension Scheme in operation with an opt out period
40 hours per week over 5 days per week which includes alternate weekends on a rota basis.
Our Operational Hours are 8-5pm 7 days per week [longer hours are required at foaling times etc]
Live in accommodation is available in a lovely spacious modern bungalow and we would consider own horse and well behaved pet
- Earliest start date 21st February 2021
- Continent/Country Wales
- Position/s available Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Family Yard, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide above min wage depends on experience
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes