Full-time position at small private dressage focussed yard with competition, breeding and young stock horses. Usual yard duties (mucking out, bringing in, turning out, feeding, changing rugs, keeping the yard tidy, grooming etc. to a high standard), looking after competition horses, broodmares, handling young stock. Riding young warm-bloods. Working as part of the team but able to take sole charge of the yard on a regular basis.
Working couple may be possible, with the duties to include grounds, pasture and fencing maintenance, etc.
Experience must include handling warm-blood youngstock, competition horses, working as part of a team at a professional yard. Backing or riding young warm-bloods is important.
Live in or live-out
- Earliest start date 1st April 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Manager, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Family Yard, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner, In employers home
- Days per week 5.5 or 6
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Market rates
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No