Finally, we see a light at the end of the tunnel that has been COVID 19 Looking forward now and planning to our future we are now looking for an experienced competition rider to join our team.
This Warmblood Stud is the home of Stallions and Broodmares. We have the pleasure of owning and producing beautiful and versatile Warmblood horses from our broodmares and offering this year four of our gorgeous stallions to a select number of mares AI. Our bloodlines include some of the top in the Country ;- Concorde, Kannan, Voltaire, Zirocco Blue, Cardento, Kashmir V.
We are based in West Wales near Tregaron in a stunning rural location with purpose built equine facilities, lakes and a private fishery spread over three closely located properties. Set in the midst of the idyllic Cambrian Mountains we are graced with beautiful outriding and our horses benefit with hacking out as part of their daily routines. These quality Warmbloods are or have competed in show jumping competition in this country and abroad or are youngsters coming through Covid restrictions allowing.
This full time, live in or out role will include riding at BSJA shows you must have a strong competition record ideally or the ability to compete to a high level . Our competition horses have all been out affiliated to varying levels. We need a competent rider.
We would require you to gain good understanding of all the horses to maximise their potential and understand their individual personalities and abilities and be able to work with the team in tailoring their exercise and work plans moving forward.
Most importantly to work with our team, getting the best from our horses. This will include general yard duties as well as guiding and nurturing the team. The role is 5 days per week and flexibility if we go out to shows at the week days and weekends.
We are a mixed yard competition horses (stallions), youngstock, broodmares and general riding horses. We have some very well bred, exciting youngsters for the future.
We are a very busy yard this could be a hugely rewarding role for the right person.
Accommodation details – Live in is available own horse considered
- Earliest start date 29th May 2022
- Continent/Country Wales
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Stallion Handling, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide above min wage depends on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes