- Full time permanent family groom position. 1 Event horse, 1 small young event horse, 3 ponies, an old boy and a racehorse on holiday or home for walk / trot work / re-schooling.
- Very experienced at riding and handling, turning out for Eventing, hunting and Pony Club to a high standard.
- All yard duties and riding out, fitness work and schooling ( including ponies hence need lightweight rider if possible)
- Driver of 6.5 tonne lorry and car and trailer preferred.
- Safe and kind and fun with children ( aged 11 and 6)
- Happy to muck in with dogs and family life and occasional school runs or club drop off and pick ups
- Live out, nearby with own horse possible.
- Prepared to move in for holiday cover of house, dogs, horses and sometimes children too.
- Sole charge.
- Interest and experience of equine first aid
- Clipping, Plaiting, Mane and Tail pulling, In Hand walking Out, Bandaging, Icing etc
- Confident, experienced and a good rider required.
Must have experience working with competition horses and be happy loading, leading, riding and rehabilitating them. Experience of grooming at events. Excellent turn out and yard duty skills.
Live out or live in 4 miles away in shares house with your own horse if applicable. Only very well behaved, non yappy dogs welcome please!
Good salary, holiday and pension for right person.
- Earliest start date 1st July 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Pony Club Activities, Pre-Training, Rehabilitation
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5 and a half
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide £20,000
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes, Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No