We are currently seeking a Modern Apprentice/SVQ Trainer/Assessor. The successful candidate will be based at Campus in Cupar, Fife as part of the Veterinary and Animal Sciences Department within the North Faculty of the college. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience of preparing teaching material and assessing Modern Apprenticeship students up to level 6 in Horse Care. The role will require on-site assessment visits across Scotland and a clean driving licence is therefore essential.
The role requires the candidate to:
- Be an active and engaged member of the Equine Team.
- Have a student-focused approach to teaching and learning and be able to engage students in a practical environment.
- Preparation of practical activities.
- Delivering practical tuition and assessments to a high standard.
- Conducting student assessments in accordance with Awarding Body standards.
- Maintaining appropriate records of teaching and assessment.
- Maintaining appropriate records of attendance.
- Attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Updating of personal skills and qualifications.
- Contribute to checking the validity of assessment against the performance criteria being assessed, as part of SRUC’s quality assurance internal moderation processes.
- Actively engage in quality enhancement and communication strategies and their associated procedures.
- Actively engage in performance management processes.
- Develop and maintain links with relevant industry contacts in their curriculum area.
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach (II).
- BHS SVQ Assessor.
- L&D 9Di (Previously A1). WBL assessor (or progress towards these qualifications)
You should possess a good knowledge of BHS QA procedure and requirements and a thorough knowledge of equine care and husbandry.
You should have appropriate and proven experience in delivery and assessing of work-based learning – including teaching and assessing experience in riding and practical equine husbandry to students from a range of different backgrounds and experience levels.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the APPLY link.
- Earliest start date 26th April 2021
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities College
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Maintenance Skills, Rider/Trainer, School, Teach
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills, Other - see job description, Pet Care/Sitting, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide £23,345
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No