*3 bedroom spacious cottage with private garden. *Partners and pets welcome.*Quiet location but close to all amenities in Haverhill, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket & Cambridge *Lots of riding 🙂 *Early starts and late finishes as expected but plenty of downtime during the summer.
🙂 Lots of fun to be had amongst a friendly, supportive team 🙂
We are looking for a second groom who is capable to step up and take sole charge but equally be an excellent team player. Duties are to include immaculate care and turnout of 11 hunt horses for hunt staff and masters. Usual day to day yard duties that are required in a busy hunting yard with lots of riding and hunting available on super horses. You will be joining an existing team of two others.
Early starts and late finishes as expected but plenty of down time during the summer. We are not based with hounds or at kennels but they are close by.
- 7.5 lorry license preferred but not essential
- Quiet, experienced and adaptable rider
- Experienced hunting groom
- Professional & tidy with a willing attitude
- Take sole charge but also a team player
- Work under pressure
- Immaculate turnout skills that must include plaiting and clipping.
- Excellent people skills
3 bedroom spacious unshared cottage on site with a spacious garden. Central heating with a wood burner. Very private location but close to all amenities with Haverhill, Bury st Edmunds, Newmarket and Cambridge all close by. Partners and pets welcome.
- Wonderful, fun horses
- Lots of hunting
- lovely yard with a walker, school, hot box, wash box and beautiful tack room etc
- Generous holiday
- 5 1/2 day a week
- Well behaved pets welcome
- Contribution to utilities
- Lots of opportunities
- Earliest start date 1st May 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider, Work Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Stud Groom, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting, Livery
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 17000 gross & accommodation
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes