Experienced Stud Hand
We are looking for an experienced Stud Hand to join our small friendly team on our Thoroughbred Stud. Must be reliable and have had good experience of handling Mares, Foals and Yearlings this is essential. Also a good horseman. Experience of driving a tractor would be helpful but not essential. If you can also drive a small horse box this would be helpful. The work is varied in that it not only involves working with horses but also maintenance and other duties that arise which any applicant would be aware.
Hours are Monday to Friday 7.30 to 4 plus every other weekend. On your working weekend it is still a 7.30 start but then you can leave after everything is done. You will then come back in the afternoon at around 2/2.30 to pull in and feed around. The following weekend you do not work.
Immediate start if possible or ASAP.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
- Earliest start date 1st May 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Broodmares, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5 plus alternative weekends
- Salary currency Competitive
- Salary guide Above minimum wage
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Tractor, Trailer, Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No