Lovely family is looking for a committed, long-term Groom and Rider. You must be a child-friendly, experienced Groom capable of sole charge in the owner’s absence and flexible to duties eg: the odd school run.
3 small horses and 2 Shetlands are kept at the property which is nestled amongst the Surrey hills with access to miles of well-maintained bridleways straight from the back door! Ponies are 13.3 and 14.3 and a 15’2 (quite ‘chunky’) plus the two Shetland ponies. Considering a fourth horse currently.
Duties include Yard work, grooming and exercising all the usual equine first aid, feeding wellbeing yard management ‘norms’ for horses living as this herd does. You would need to be willing to ride out with employers and their 2 children (10/11yrs) so someone ‘child & family friendly’ essential.
Candidates must be confident riding alone and ideally able to ride and lead and enjoy groundwork.
There are stables for the horses and a menage, in fact very good facilities.
The family are leisure riders who love their horses and see time spent with them as quality, relaxing time and are looking for a Groom of the same mind. Lightweight jockey required as the horses are small. The family does no competing so you should be happy to just enjoy the horses for who they are in a nice, friendly family setting. 🙂
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 21st June 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 (one day of the weekend, ideally a Sunday but some flexibility.)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £400/£450 +accommodation and all utilities (apart from telephone)
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes