Job Description – All yard duties looking after competition horses, liveries, stallions, youngstock, broodmares & foals as part of a great team of professionals who will guide and help you learn on the job. We have been training students for the equine industry for over 60 years and pass on a broad wealth of knowledge to you all.
Minimum Requirements – Level 2 Apprentices looking to futher their experience and knowledge or PC B Test level or BHS Stage 2/3, but you will be assessed at interview if you don’t have the above, but do have other experience and qualities.
Accommodation details – Shared 4 bedroom chalet with other apprentices / staff. 2 showers & loos, shared kitchen and living room. Washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, heating, parking.
Benefits – Paid for working with quality competition horses, a wealth of knowledge and experience to be passed on to you from qualified staff in all aspects of horsemanship. Friendly yard, clients and other staff.
- Earliest start date 16th May 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Sales, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £12,000+ In line with NMW for apprentices.
- Salary Period Annually
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes