Experienced groom needed full time 5 ½ days per week for quiet private yard in West Sussex. We are looking for someone hard working, and who works well in a team, to run a small yard who is able to handle two semi-retired Andalucian dressage stallions (15 and 15.1 hands). The horses live out full time, are still being schooled and hacked 6 days per week.
Responsible for all usual yard duties, liaising with vets, farriers, saddle fitters, shiatsu practitioner, ordering hay, supplements, farrier visits, driving to local hacking.
Full clean driving licence – will include driving 3.5 tonne horse box
Live in or out. Self contained flat available within family home.
- Earliest start date 20th June 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Dependant on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No