Groom sought for private yard on Exmoor farming estate, starting in July 2021. Cottage accommodation available by private arrangement next door and room to bring own horse.
Duties to include turning out hunters in the season and daily care and exercise of horses on yard. Ideally would have trailer and 7.5T or HGV licence; car licence essential. Frequent opportunities for hunting and riding second horses. There are meets on the farm almost every week in main season.
Some other duties on farm from time to time – flexibility a major positive. Experience bringing on youngsters also welcomed, as is independence and resilience to Exmoor weather.
Motivation and ability to work independently. Basic equine first aid. Knowledge of equine nutrition. Trailer or HGV licence preferred.
Bungalow available nearby for rent by private arrangement.
Room for own horse on yard – to include all food/bedding etc. Pension scheme. Overtime.
- Earliest start date 5th July 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Rider/Trainer, School, Veterinary Experience
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5-6 (seasonal variation)
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide 20,000 (starting - dependent on age and experience)
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes