This position is for an experienced Yard Manager or Head Groom for a top international event yard in Oxfordshire. Small compact yard, easy to run, and lovely facilities including a 60×30 arena, gallops, horse walker and plenty of turnout. The horses range from 4yrs to 4star, being produced for top level competitons and championships, as well as for sale. Eventing experience is very important, along with a good work ethic, sense of humour and a large dose of common sense! The yard is run to a high standard, with an emphasis on attention to detail and top care for all the horses.
The job would be 5 days a week, responsible for managing the day to day running, logistics, ordering, arranging staff cover, and general over seeing of the horses welfare. There is accommodation included in a tidy annex, and there is flexibility within the job for travel to the events and riding depending on the individual candidate and experience. The day runs from 7.30-4.30, though it can run longer on certain competition days if there is travel to an event. There is also the option that this is a more fixed hour stay at home job, without riding.
Eventing experience, good work ethic, trimming, plaiting and turning out to a high standard, common sense! driving license, good positive attitude and ability to cope with stressful situations if things go wrong. Ability to work well alongside other members of the team. If someone doesn’t mind having a toddler around helping with yard duties that’s a bonus!
1 bedroom annex on-site, Sky TV Wifi
- Earliest start date 10th June 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Part of a Team, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Veterinary Experience
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Gbp
- Salary guide 350-400 per week net depending on candidate’s experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes