*Salary expectation should be no barrier to application *Employer boasts professional HR/Employment practices proudly adhered to at all times and happy staff who enjoy their work
A very successful Show Jumping yard that competes to 5* level and produces young horses is now looking for 2 experienced Competition/Show Grooms for home and a busy international and national show schedule. This yard is a large but friendly, family-run establishment with around 50 horses in work at any one time and also foals, youngstock, mares and stallions.
Successful candidates will ideally have an HGV license or at least a willingness to get this done quickly and must have experience transporting horses at home and ideally, (but not essentially), abroad. They have very strict policies on sticking within legal driving time limits so sufficient support is always available to facilitate this whilst traveling. The yard has 3 large lorries and several tours can be going on simultaneously on occasions, sometimes with 12 weeks away e.g.: in Dubai/Global tours so candidates will need to love the pace and lifestyle.
Candidates will need experience of top-level show jumping, ideally gained in a recent role or at least have high level, competition experience gained in a similar fast-paced discipline e.g.: eventing
Candidates should be able to turn out to the highest standards for Show Jumping, understand horse management at the level (home and away), be reliable, punctual etc.
Candidates will need to be self-sufficient and capable of sole charge but also able to be team players with the ability to communicate with Riders, fellow Team members and juniors on the yard alike.
Experience with stallions useful.
Accommodation is a v nice, well-equipped shared house with ensuite bathrooms. Much easier to do this role without a horse and dog and must be able to legally work in the UK and travel the world
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 12th July 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Competition Groom, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Horse Transport, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week Full on when away a shows flexibility when home to balance out show schedule.
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Totally negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. No barrier.
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Class 1 HGV, Category C1, Category C1E, Category C, Category CE, Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes