*Up to £500 PW *Prefer live-out, (but accommodation could be provided) *Dog welcomed *Own horse welcomed *5 day week
Experienced Groom with some knowledge of show jumping required for late August/early September 2021 start. A vital requirement is to find someone with the relevant HGV license required to drive 12t lorry for shows and outings.
We are looking for someone willing and able to ‘hand-hold’ a young child Rider (10years old,) with their 3x 12.HH ponies both home and at shows (course-walking etc). You should have experience in Show Jumping to mentor the youngster as/when. The Rider has approx. 2 .5 years left on 12.2HH ponies and can currently jump 1m. The suitable candidate will genuinely enjoy working with children. This one is very keen on jumping, SJ in particular and really loves their competing, so regular local outings are required. Whilst ponies are her passion realistically, these are only part of the youngster’s developing life and they are only able to ride approx 4 x a week. The ponies do get turnout but will need to be ridden or lunged/long reined if riding is not an option for the Groom.
All usual duties. The successful applicant must be experienced and capable of sole charge, keen and willing to go to most of the shows, be able to turnout appropriately including clipping and plaiting, etc. Stable & horse management experience essential. You will need to be fun but responsible and focus on the young Rider staying safe, enjoying their ponies, the riding and ‘the journey’ the family is on. Previous competition pony management ideal!
Whilst the position is sole charge, but there are other Grooms employed for other owners on the same yard, so a friendly, team-minded person is important too!
The employer has other children and needs someone capable of sole charge so that she can juggle her priorities which currently can conflict. 5 day week but some two-way flexibility required around school/shows/school holidays etc
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 31st August 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Family Yard, Pony Club Activities, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £450-£500 pw depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Class 2 HGV
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes