|*Salary very generous & negotiable for experience plus accommodation *5/5.5 or 6 day week also negotiable *Pets and horse welcome *Partner considered
Experienced Groom required for a young, ambitious & competitive family. Must be an experienced SJ Groom who is capable of some mentoring as/when but who will also fit in and get along with the team, many of whom we have placed so know this to be a good employer and a great place to work!
Need someone who has groomed at international level ideally in the home role and as a show groom so that they really understand what needs to be taken into consideration for the horses when they are at home, away at shows and in between and are really able to lead a team on the set up to going away,
Must understanding the withdrawal dates for drugs, be able to work with vets to ensure the horses are in the optimum condition for the competitions, understand what is needed with the paperwork prior to travelling .
Currently the yard has 3 grooms who are all really good but just lacking the experience and leadership to pull everything together especially when it is really busy.
Often be in a situation getting 10 horses ready to leave for abroad, with another 15 to work that day and need someone who can pull everything together.
You should be willing to travel home and abroad (amount away negotiable) and HGV ideal, but not essential. 18 quality jumping horses and other young stock destined for a career in SJ/jumping. All are kept in top accommodation to the highest standards. Ideally, but not essentially you will be a capable and confident Rider
Please note the following:
The family consists of a non-riding dad who is looking forward to spending more time with his family as part of their journey, mum who is an experienced horsewoman but now prefers just to hack/school a little and 3 daughters (aged 14+) who are very keen indeed. The girls all do BSJ and want to eventually do European tours & be on YR teams. They are the focus of the role and all activities that go on with both yards will underpin their equestrian dreams.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 16th August 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Sole Charge, Manager, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/or 5.5 or 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Generous & negotiable depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes