*£20,000- £25,000k.*Partner welcomed *Friendly dog welcomed *Own horse welcomed* Some weekends off by prior arrangement *Opportunities to hunt with the family.
:)You must be able to legally tow a trailer.:)
Small, traditional family yard based on the Shropshire/Powys border looking for an experienced Hunt Groom/Rider. With 4-5 horses, and 2 ponies, ideally you would like light enough to ride horses 15.2hh-17.2hh.
You must be ‘child friendly’ as there are 3 children in the family below 12 years of age. They have started getting into local SJ as well as hunting on their ponies so an interest in their activities is key. The family hunts together during the season 1x a week and mum 2 x a week additionally!
Out of hunt season, smaller horses do fun riding and lessons with Groom putting in shorter days to balance out hunting season.
Candidates should have the ability to turn out to a high standard and experience running a tidy, clean yard. This is a year-round position and in quieter periods, there would be property light maintenance jobs, so capabilities and flexibility in this area are a bonus.
This position would suit someone who enjoys a rural location and is able to be self-sufficient, someone who knows the area ideally but not essentially, but must be motivated and confident to make a life for themselves in the area. A flexible, amiable character is a must as this is a busy but friendly, happy family. The owner is happy to pitch in with the yard work as/when.
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 9th August 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Hunting, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £20,000- £25,000k. according to experience. Pay own heating oil, electric.
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes