Our fun and friendly team based in Upton near Didcot are looking for a new Full Time Groom to join us on a permanent basis. The yard is set within 11 acres of wonderful pasture land, on top of the ridgeway with outstanding views.
The successful candidate will look after 20 horses in a fabulous working environment.
We are looking for a hard working team player who is reliable and enthusiastic who will share the responsibilities with our current full time member of staff.
The role is available with an immediate start, although this can be negotiated
- Must be competent and have experience of riding fit competition horses
- Able to prepare horses to an excellent standard for competitions
- Be capable of grooming at events
- Confident to take sole charge of the yard and completing all yard duties to a very high standard
- Have good basic equestrian first aid knowledge
- Possess good all round horse knowledge
- The job will include weekend work which is shared between both grooms
- Flexibility will be required to work around competitions
o HGV Licence would be a bonus
potential to live on site
In return we are offering an excellent package – a salary of between £18,000 -£23,000 (dependant on experience/age/hours) with the potential to live on site, as well as paid holiday. Although there is no space to keep a horse at the moment there may be an opportunity to do so in the future. Well behaved dog welcome.
- Earliest start date 22nd July 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Family Yard
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Muck Out, Plait, Ride
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 18,000-23,0000 dependent on experience/age/hours
- Salary Period Annually
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No